Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 4:57 am

Keyogi still ignoring simple message
"PLEASE REMOVE OLD POLL TO PUT NEW POLL"

I will put these messages tomorow and i will quit with these hiding Keyogi game.
I dont understand, i get so many message from people who ask from me to put back image because want to play these map, and give me support, but now i think that these waste of time because Keyogi ignoring all messages from me, and i must say that all these messages what i get from people its waste of time,because if andy and Keyogi ignoring to do these simpe operation of removing of old poll, then he dont want to se these map here, and i only put map not for me, but for people who realy care for these map.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 16, 2007 8:00 am

Qwert they aren't ignoring you, they just want you to address the problems which you still haven't dealt with.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 8:19 am

what he afraid of poll question, i want to solve everything with these poll question, and like i say before, if i have support then map is ready for play, but if keyogi have only 30 vote that hes right then i will leave map foundry and never again boring people with my map, i think that these fair. So Keyogi dont be afraid remove old poll to put new, we all want to finish with these story.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 16, 2007 8:32 am

Has a poll ever got a map quenched Qwert?

FFS! Andy and Keyogi both still have issues with your map which need to be addressed, and until you do that it will not get quenched even if 99% of the poll says it is ready! I'm afraid that's life. So either make the changes or just quit the foundry. You managed it for a while but then returned to stir things up in other threads...

In my opinion this thread should be deleted, as should any further threads about all this stupid drama.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed May 16, 2007 8:50 am

what are the outstanding issues?
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

Postby johloh on Wed May 16, 2007 8:57 am

if i have support then map is ready for play, but if keyogi have only 30 vote that hes right then i will leave map foundry and never again boring people with my map, i think that these fair.

this isnt how the process works...as much as you would like to change how everything works for your map its not gonna happen. you can whine and whine but its not changing for you. :-({|=

I agree with guiscard. lock the thread.
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
Major johloh

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 9:21 am

First i dont put these map back because i want these,i put image back, because i get so many PM from people who want to play these map and who thinking that these map finish.
Second in new poll question i will put Keyogi demand when i finish last issue(borders and river) and put map, so people can see question and map and vote for these, and if keyogi is right(he need only 30 vote not need for huge majoriti) then i can leave map foundru complete satisfy and i think that is fair.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 9:28 am

Now i must repeat to you also Johloh, i put map back because i get so many PM for people who thinking that my map finish, so i pleased people, I hope that you understand now.
And last i ask from andy far before to lock my topic, but he refuse.
I hope that Guiscard also understand that i back map because people want to play.
So cam on Keyogi lets finish with these map,remove old poll to put new.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 am

I personally love the map...But Qwert i have to admit there are still a couple of things that need looking it.....

I, like Guiscard dont think a new poll is going to solve anything at all. Yes you have alot of people who want to play the map but you also have alot of poeple who think this map needs a bit of work...

You have been doing this map for over 4 months now and im sure another week to see people's suggestions isnt going to hurt.

Im personally going to start a new thread and start accepting comments to see if we can finally get this map published.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 16, 2007 10:11 am

KEYOGI wrote:Ok, first thing I'm going to mention is the territory names since they seem to be the latest issue. I'm fine with all of them except for one... Isthmus of Perekop. It's quite long and I'm wondering what sort of impact it will have on the drop-down menu. Would it be a problem to just call it Perekop?

The other major issue recently was the borders. These still appear to be a problem. I wonder if reducing the opacity of them slightly would help.

The colour of Stalingrad Army is bothering me. It's pretty awful and unless it has some significance I'm sure you could come up with a nicer shade of green.

Another concern is the army shadows. They pratically disappear in von Rundstedt Army and it's something that I think could be fixed in one of two ways. Change the shade of the army shadows themselves or change the shade of von Rundstedt Army so the shadows are more visible. The shadows also seem to have a faint white edge on them which gives them a rough/aliased look.

It was mentioned some time ago (by I can't remember who) that the legend shadows could possibly be changed. I don't mind the legend staying as it is, but I would like to see the helmets and star given a shadow as well to lift them off the board like the rest of the legend.

I'm not sure the sea labels are needed. They kind of look cramped in there.

Lastly, is there any signifcance to the pictures and foreign text underneath your name on the map? I'm curious to what they mean/represent.

These are the major points at the moment. I agree with all of them, and I would also add that the title isn't that great (and I know it was the vote winner, but I think it could be better).

And Hulmey, please don't start a new thread. it'll just get merged into this one anyway... We don't need any more threads about this :D

Postby hulmey on Wed May 16, 2007 10:14 am

fresh start is always good my friend.

Anywya difrent author :wink:
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby johloh on Wed May 16, 2007 10:16 am

qwert dont confuse my comments...

I like your map. and I want to see it published. and im glad you posted it.

its just not going to get published by a vote.
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
Major johloh

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 16, 2007 10:16 am

Just thought I'd post the latest map to save people trudging through the thread for it:

Furthermore, I've noticed an issue with the bevel... There's a bevel around the land portions of the map but it seems to disappear on the sea areas at the top. I think it should either be all the way round or not at all.

I would also like to see the Saaremaa label moved further towards the island, more to the top left, as it seems a bit disconnected at the minute.

Postby hulmey on Wed May 16, 2007 10:21 am

borders still seem pixelated ...I am seeing probably Guiscard?
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed May 16, 2007 10:32 am

Guiscard wrote:
KEYOGI wrote:Ok, first thing I'm going to mention is the territory names since they seem to be the latest issue. I'm fine with all of them except for one... Isthmus of Perekop. It's quite long and I'm wondering what sort of impact it will have on the drop-down menu. Would it be a problem to just call it Perekop?
This seems like a sensible idea, and easy to implement

The other major issue recently was the borders. These still appear to be a problem. I wonder if reducing the opacity of them slightly would help.
slightly less opaque would be fine, but I, for one, don't have a problem with them as they are and this might take a bit longer, depending on how the file is structured

The colour of Stalingrad Army is bothering me. It's pretty awful and unless it has some significance I'm sure you could come up with a nicer shade of green.
It's not that nice, but it's better than some other maps out there :wink: My Grandad had a sofa that colour, I used to hate it!

Another concern is the army shadows. They pratically disappear in von Rundstedt Army and it's something that I think could be fixed in one of two ways. Change the shade of the army shadows themselves or change the shade of von Rundstedt Army so the shadows are more visible. The shadows also seem to have a faint white edge on them which gives them a rough/aliased look.
I don't mind the shadows being hard to see, I thought that was the point of them! Unless they become a feature (like the excellent ones on Omaha Beach) of the graphics they should be as surreptitious as poss; there to make it easier to see the army values, nothing more. I don't mind the outline, but, for the above reason, maybe it'd be better without them?

It was mentioned some time ago (by I can't remember who) that the legend shadows could possibly be changed. I don't mind the legend staying as it is, but I would like to see the helmets and star given a shadow as well to lift them off the board like the rest of the legend.
This would be nice, not necessary, but it'd help unify the key

I'm not sure the sea labels are needed. They kind of look cramped in there.

Lastly, is there any signifcance to the pictures and foreign text underneath your name on the map? I'm curious to what they mean/represent.

These are the major points at the moment. I agree with all of them, and I would also add that the title isn't that great (and I know it was the vote winner, but I think it could be better).

And Hulmey, please don't start a new thread. it'll just get merged into this one anyway... We don't need any more threads about this :D
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

Postby gimil on Wed May 16, 2007 10:47 am

i can see all these problems. but to be honest the standards of the foundry seem to be getting to much. i means the quality of this map (graphically) is 100000000000000000000x better than MOST of the maps in play jsut now.
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 16, 2007 11:03 am

hulmey wrote:borders still seem pixelated ...I am seeing probably Guiscard?

They are, yes, but I didn't want to provoke even more anger from Qwert by mentioning it at this stage...

Postby boberz on Wed May 16, 2007 11:13 am

yes i agree with just about every suggestion and would point out that so far this has been a majority all 4-5 people that have posted have agreed
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby hulmey on Wed May 16, 2007 11:57 am

all the issues raised are fair ones....

I think the colour of the continent is a matter of opinon more than anything else. I personally dont dislike or like the colour....

But you have to remember this IS a Army map and army colours are hard to come by!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Here we go back again, we discuse before and you all know my decision. We can discuse 100 years but my decision stay.
Now i will try to logical explane Keyogis demand
1.I have big and long discusion of names, and finaly i agree with people that all names must be in 1 translation and these translation is russian, and every names is original translation. So these problem is finish.
2.Borders-every body know that i present 5 diferent example with 5 diferent smooth and blur borders with 10%,15%,20%,25% and 30% of opacity, and majority vote for 20%.
3.The colours of Stalingrad Army, well i must say that nobody complains with these, because in begining i work with colours of territory, even Keyogi dont have problems with these, but when i finaly finish last issue, he sudenly dont like colours of these terittory, and why he dont say these in begining, but he waith 2 month to say these. If i dont like something i will say right now and dont waith 2 month.
4. All army shadows is same, and when you put army number, you can se all numbers without any problems.
5.I realy dont understand why Keyogi whait and when something pass majority approval he start complaining, these also been finish and nobody have major complain(except bonus value)
6.Sea labels- well these not decision of 1 person, and i have atention to put in poll vote,I put sea labels to people can better understand location of EAstern Front.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Wed May 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Do you belive that these map now ready for play

yes
64% [ 74 ]
no
35% [ 41 ]

Total Votes : 115

A little patience goes a long way qwert, not everybody has the same schedule as you. Also, in future... keep my username out of your topic.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 4:07 pm

new and last poll begining, see page 1, post 1. good luck everybody.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 16, 2007 4:11 pm

So the options are:

a) weeks more pointless arguing and stubbornness and no map

or

b) no more pointless arguing and stubbornness and no map

Really, Qwert, how will things change if option A wins? Will all the people who still have issues with the map suddenly roll over and accept that it should be quenched in its current state?

I despair!

Postby KEYOGI on Wed May 16, 2007 4:16 pm

AGREE WITH:

option #1: last major issue with borders has been fixed, map looks finished! All major issues have been addressed!
0% [ 0 ]
option #2: Keyogi's list of demands are change title, bonus box, colors of stalingrad terittory, and others things. According to Keyogi this map needs to be revamped after it was already in final forge! I agree with Keyogi.
100% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 3

That's not an appropriate poll qwert, you've been warned about your polls in the past. Remember the Teya poll in Iwo Jima?
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2007 4:19 pm

Guiscard, whats wrong now, i bee very fair if only 30 people think that Keyogi is right with hes demand, then i will leave map foundry and never again boring people with my map, these very fair from me. If you want i will vote for b, then i will be free to work map in other sites, because i dont want to arguing anymore, so these 2 option is OK,because if i have huge support then i right, and if Keyogi have suport of 30 people then hes right and we can close these topic, i think that these is fair from me.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas