Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:09 pm

qwert wrote:Molacole you dont read last post of Keyogu,he say these"dont like title,dont like colour of stalingrad army,dont like borders how look,dont like bonuses,dont like rivers" 1 words he dont like nothing and he want to se that i change everything, if you dont belive go back and you will find these post, he realy hate my map, because only he ask all these change and only hes logical explane is " I dont like how these look". I belive that after me he will go to find second victim for hes "I dont like these" game.

I think you are being a bit too extreme now qwert. I am sure Keyogu did not mean that.

Look put up the map again instead of that silly frog you have right now and we'll all discuss the bonuses, labels and army circles. I am sure that if you fix those and that if no one complains about other stuff your map will get quenched with Keyogu's blessing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby mibi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:20 pm

anyonr gto a copy of this map.. i dont even know what it looks like anymore
Captain mibi

Postby Guiscard on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 pm

qwert wrote:Molacole you dont read last post of Keyogu,he say these"dont like title,dont like colour of stalingrad army,dont like borders how look,dont like bonuses,dont like rivers" 1 words he dont like nothing and he want to se that i change everything, if you dont belive go back and you will find these post, he realy hate my map, because only he ask all these change and only hes logical explane is " I dont like how these look". I belive that after me he will go to find second victim for hes "I dont like these" game.

Funny... I can't see the words 'I don't like...' anywhere in Keyogi's comments. What I DO see is fair and constructive advice from someone who you've insulted, falsely accused and attempted to attack time and time again. You should be grateful that he is taking the time to comment on your map Qwert! You throw the useful advice of foundry members back in their faces when all they're trying to do is help your map get quenched!

Why is it, do you think, that Keyogi and Andy (as well as this apparent small number of haters, myself included I think) want your map to not get quenched so badly? What POSSIBLE reason could there be? Its a good map, but we work to a foundry system here. other maps are quenched, and are in the process of development, and we don't try and ruin them! What's our problem? Whatever people think about the foundry system at the moment, until official changes are made we're gonna have to stick with what we've got, and what we've got aint working too badly for everyone else! Get over it guys. The system ISN'T gonna be changed because Qwert makes a fuss. Every other cartographer, myself included, has to at least attempt to make any change they can unless they can argue successfully that it isn't needed. I know people want to get playing, but we can't just let little things go else its gonna happen with every map! Yes they're SMALL changes but they're NECCESSARY changes because we want maps to be as perfect as we can get them before they get put online for hundreds of players to battle over. A lot of people are paying to play this game, and I for one expect maps which are in line with the general quality of this site!
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby qeee1 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:24 pm

boberz wrote:
qwert wrote:Boberz do you got something against my country, if you realy want to know what these mean, take translator and find what these mean. :x

nothinbg against your country but i cannot even read the letters to translate, not saying they are offensive but not telling people wha\t it means is being deliberately obstructive

hulmey, why is nit-picking such a bad thing...

Nit picking is when you make a big deal out of an issue that's not really an issue, such as say the borders. Nit picking isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it shouldn't hold up the map making process if the author is against making such small changes.

Let's see... NO. That's not how the process works. It doesn't work by "let's set some issues out, address them, and be done," it works by "here's a thought. Let's look at it. Here's an issue. Here's a preference." And they all get examined. qwert doesn't want to play by the rules every mapmaker has to play by and find out if each suggestion/thought/preference/idea/whateverthehellelsepeoplewanttosling has merit. As an excuse to avoid it, he started to try this "appeal to the people" bullshit, and now it's causing problems in the foundry. But the foundry process isn't one of the majority, it's a process of reason. The majority can provide information, but if something is obviously bad, or could clearly be improved, the mapmaker doesn't need a poll. If qwert wants the map to be quenched, he needs to suck it up and be willing to try the suggestions of others to see if they bear merit, instead of throwing a huge fit whenever anyone suggests something he doesn't like.

You think I'm gonna fall for an appeal to the people, qwert is less than coherent most of the time, which makes it difficult to persuade people, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Eh, we have suggestions that have been discussed, I'm not dismissing any new ideas/problems people might have, provided they are genuine concerns, I'm just saying that of the things currently brought up, only two really need to be addressed. The seas/bonuses.

The army circles were deemed to be fine as they were, and something like 7 to 3 were against changing them, for example.

EDIT: To Guiscard and other posters, yes qwert has been most uncooperative throughout the thread, but at this stage there are few suggestions that haven't been discussed. Regardless of qwert's attitude in the past, or poor reasoning for rejecting suggestions, this map is almost ready to be quenched, as more or less all the problems have been dealt with.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 pm

Okay we can continue discussing this issue ad infinitum but before qwert decides to put the map back on we are all wasting our time.

So I propose that no one posts in this thread any longer until qwert puts up the map again. Then we can discuss the bonuses and other stuff if need be.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Molacole on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:24 pm

Would fixing the issues in bold be acceptable for you? If you fix the most important things like the way the borders look, keep the bonuses fair and fix the rivers then after all that is done you'll have A LOT more people on your side to quench this map.
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby hulmey on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:40 am

i agree 100% with you qeee1....I have offered to qwert to be his voice in the foundry but i dont think he understood me!!

I think we should have a new thread for the this map and a voice (translator) behind qwert so that we can get this map played on!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:50 am

Molacole these borders and rivers issue been discused and i change these but keyogy again not satisfy, why i realy dont know.
Guiscard i want to see where i say some insult word to keyogu,please find and put in to people see. I must say that he insult me several times.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:59 am

I want this thread to get to page 120, or possibly higher. That would be.. scary. But it might most likely happen.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Geographical on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:46 am

Skittles! wrote:I want this thread to get to page 120, or possibly higher. That would be.. scary. But it might most likely happen.

it would be scary.
[url=www.conquerclub.com]Image
Image[/url] Clicky Either One

Geography Rules!
Corporal 1st Class Geographical

Postby Guiscard on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:58 am

qwert wrote:Molacole these borders and rivers issue been discused and i change these but keyogy again not satisfy, why i realy dont know.
Guiscard i want to see where i say some insult word to keyogu,please find and put in to people see. I must say that he insult me several times.

It is insulting, Qwert, to accuse someone of deliberately stalling your map and holding a personal vendetta against you when he i trying to give you constructive criticism just like the rest of us. If we're going on specific 'insult word' then find one yourself! He's been as civil as anyone could be all through the process!
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby hulmey on Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:50 am

maybe qwert felt insulted by the panda when he told him about changing the title...Although the title had already been voted on as keyogi knows full well....

Its not like keyogi is a newbie and hadnt read the whole thread!!

Would keyogi like to explain himself on this single issue?
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby KEYOGI on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:07 am

hulmey wrote:Would keyogi like to explain himself on this single issue?

What's to explain? I agreed with a point boberz made about the title. The suggestion was reasonably refuted and I made no further comments on the issue. I have already pointed this out on page 99.

Now, there really is nothing left to discuss here. If anybody has something useful to say in contribution to the map then I encourage you to do so. If anybody has a grudge against me or anybody else, take it to the Flame Wars.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby hulmey on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:35 am

Its something you mentioned before and there is also no mention of you saying about bonuses on page 99...

I hold no grudge towards you at all and why should over a map lol...Im simply debating a point that you had made earlier about the bonus!!

If you dont want to answer it all well and good...

I just simply want clarification so that we might get to see this map on CC and if we ever do it will be a miracle and i'll buy you all a beer..Scouts honour :)
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:07 am

Humley.. Weren't you complaining about the titles and not the bonuses? You make no sense.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby hulmey on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:46 am

would you stop following me around skittles???

and everything i say you say the opposite....

Can you please find me int these 105 pages somewhere where i mentioned that i dont like the title??

I think the title looks fantastic
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:08 am

Yup, I stalk to Humley. I'll stalk you forever.
Private Skittles!

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:19 am

Can people just stop posting as it's useless right now and wait until qwert decides to bring the map back on? Thanks.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:20 am

But. Whyyyyyyyyy? Qwert will take ages.
Private Skittles!

Postby boberz on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:21 am

this is the most hilarious thread ever, i dare anyone to re-read it form the start and not end up in histerics
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:26 am

I really don't think we should. It might blow our eyes out by the way Keyogi insulted Qwert :lol:
Private Skittles!

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:28 am

Skittles! wrote:I really don't think we should. It might blow our eyes out by the way Keyogi insulted Qwert :lol:

Then ask the mods to move the whole thing to social lounge and post as much as you want. The things I am reading don't belong to the foundry...
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Skittles! on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:31 am

Okay.

Well, I would comment on the map, but it's not here anymore, right?

But as I remember, it was pretty good. I liked how he co-operated with the pixels, cause the majority wanted it fixed.

Now we'll just need to majority to say we want his map back cause it was really good and right near the end of it. Agreed?
Private Skittles!

Postby boberz on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:50 am

i would like to see the map and have pointed out a few things i would like changed but i dont think this map should get out without some of the improvements
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby qeee1 on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Ok, so we get up a picture of the map, then we argue some about what needs to be done, qwert makes some small changes...

...and hopefully it'll be done, or practically done.

So step 1: Get map back up.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas