Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:44 am

Like people say you can see in vote-England:Serbia 40:10 the game is finis and its over.England go to final.
2.I will not change area and arrows.
3.all names wil be same size.
4.bonus problem: you look only 1 map and i look more map and i think is every map got diferent bonuses for example
.america
territory west 4 country 3 borders 2 bonus-teritory new england country 4 borders 1 bonus 2
germany
teritory prussia 6 country 2 borders 3 bonus, territory rheinland 5 country 3 borders 3 bonus.You see every map not have similar bonuses its diferent and strange but these bonuses its fine with me.
If you want more strange map bonuses just tell i will write and show.
5.Compas-i like these look.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sargentgeneral on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Now, i love a new map just as much as the next guy, but you dont need to rush through important development stages to make the map. People are trying to give you helpful suggestions and you are turning them down just so you can put up the map. Slow down and let people tell you how to improve the map.

Personally i do not like the compass. It looks dumb.
Highest score: 1910
Highest rank: 188

Battle of the bands #1 champion: ACDC
Lieutenant Sargentgeneral

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:17 pm

Don't worry, I'm here to make sure the process isn't rushed. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:20 pm

sargengeneral wrote

please put yours pictures whit compass,i that way you will help me.

here final map.

Marvadin im interesting, what text font you use in yours Brazil map?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bad Speler on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:35 pm

I dont mind the compass, and the map looks great. The only problem i have is the yellow font is a bit hard to read in a few territories of the grey continent.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:32 pm

Ahem, I wouldn't declare a map finished until it really is. :) Bad things happen when you do so.

--Andy

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:34 pm

I recommend you put some sort of white shadow/bevel/emboss behind the black, and a black one behind the yellow.

I like the compass its got that hardass commie feel.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby boberz on Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:50 pm

i do like the compass but i think it complicates the map. Does it have to have a compass?? if so then this is a good compass but i think the empty space will be valuable. The compass could be used in a different map but there are too many logos and things to have a compass aswell. Just my opinion.

Also the graphic of stones on the kursk border looks slightly clumsy but nothing major. Cant wait to play this map though looks great.
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote
Ahem, I wouldn't declare a map finished until it really is. Bad things happen when you do so.

I truly want to hear yours opinion of map becouse you say to litle of these map and i think its time for you to say next
Visual-Borders-Graphic-Playability-Bonus-Legend-everything

(dont forget people vote for english letter i dont go again to these discusion)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:30 pm

Sargentgeneral wrote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, i love a new map just as much as the next guy, but you dont need to rush through important development stages to make the map. People are trying to give you helpful suggestions and you are turning them down just so you can put up the map. Slow down and let people tell you how to improve the map.

Important development?! If you say i do not like the compass these for you Important development, cam on say something what realy imortant for development map
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DublinDoogey on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:31 pm

The thick black lines between continents are misleading. At first they look like impassable borders, and it takes a little while to realize that they aren't. Where there are normal attack boundaries between continents, I think you should decrease the thickness of the lines to the level of the lines between countries within continents.
Private DublinDoogey

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:41 pm

DublinDoogey wrote
The thick black lines between continents are misleading. At first they look like impassable borders, and it takes a little while to realize that they aren't. Where there are normal attack boundaries between continents, I think you should decrease the thickness of the lines to the level of the lines between countries within continents.

well done Dublin.
These what im tell.
Its good qwestion and i will work these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:08 pm

If I were you I woudn't bother with the uniformity of how theres a black line as the reg border for EVERY continent it'd be hard to get it confused.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:45 pm

here change border bettwen country

its small version of map
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DublinDoogey on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:08 pm

That looks much better, at least in my opinion. Also, eventually you'll want to do a small Gausian Blur (if you are using Photoshop) to get rid of the jagged look of the border lines between countries. It can wait a little while, probably, but figured I'd give ya a heads up.

The compass is decent, but I also agree with those who are saying it should be changed. To what, I don't know, but I'm sure you can find a good image or idea.

I also agree with the people who have been saying that within the legend, the army names should/could be in whichever language, while keeping the country names in english.

As for the font color, one of the easiest things to do to increase legibility is to make the font white or black, and then give it a stroke of the other color, allowing it to 'pop' out a little bit.
Private DublinDoogey

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:18 pm

i try these whit colors and people dont like see back.

doblin wrote
I also agree with the people who have been saying that within the legend, the army names should/could be in whichever language, while keeping the country names in english.

Dont understand these show me.

Compas its good and must have big argument to move of maps
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DublinDoogey on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:30 pm

qwert wrote:i try these whit colors and people dont like see back.

doblin wrote

What I mean is the Army Group North stuff, the legend. I think andy and marv have been saying to put that back to whatever language it was in, but to keep the general language as English.
Private DublinDoogey

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:37 pm

you mean to put in legend German and Russian names.
These dont go people will say dont understand what write and ask to put ENGLISH.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sargentgeneral on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:54 pm

I think the mountain look kind of prehistoric. Couldnt you put some in that look more modern. something that looks more like a mountain instead of just rocks. You dont need to keep it, i just want to see the difference.

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Sargentgeneral wrote
I think the mountain look kind of prehistoric. Couldnt you put some in that look more modern. something that looks more like a mountain instead of just rocks. You dont need to keep it, i just want to see the difference.

i pretend too not read these :roll:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sargentgeneral on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:04 pm

then whats the point of even having a forum. I just wanted to see a difference. I didnt even say you had to keep it. If you dont want my opinion fine.
Last edited by Sargentgeneral on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:32 pm

qwert wrote:you mean to put in legend German and Russian names.
These dont go people will say dont understand what write and ask to put ENGLISH.

I think you aren't quite understanding everything fully. We'd like to see the Legend with unique names...perhaps in each respective language. Keep the rest of the map, in English.

Also, regarding Sargentgeneral, look into other possibilities of mountains. Unless you've got a great reason to keep them the way they are. And if you do, then that's fine. But don't just ignore people.

--Andy

Postby Sargentgeneral on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Thanx for the backup andy.

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:16 pm

qwert wrote:here final map.

Marvadin im interesting, what text font you use in yours Brazil map?

Well, its not even in final forge stage, but looks like qwert is ready to quench it by himself :lol:

In legend I used Comic Suns (I love this font, although some would call me retarded for that). For names of countries, well... I dont remember, but I can suggest some:
Palatine Linotype, Monotype Corsiva, Bookman Oldstyle, Trebuchet MS, Century Gothic (I usually use these bold italic, or just italic)

Hey, qwert, where is your open mind, guy? :wink: Whats the problem in adjust some minor areas of borders (without change playability) just to make the names fit better?

About the bonuses thing, the correct would be take one map as example like I did. Some maps have most bonuses a bit low, or a bit high, so usually bonuses compensate each other... But your bonuses are really high, friend. Compare your Russian center to the others few continents in all maps that have 8 as bonus and you will see that... I dont want disturb him, can someone else post about it???

About the legend, please dont use the Russian alphabet if you are going change names :)
Major Marvaddin

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:01 am

Sargentgeneral wrote
then whats the point of even having a forum. I just wanted to see a difference. I didnt even say you had to keep it. If you dont want my opinion fine, i will just go back to fucking your mom!
Andy these write its permite in MAP FOUNDRY?

SARGENTGENERAL if you want to say somethink then look all my topic not 1 pages,everybody who look only last page i will not write him, go back and you see what these meane,and who yuose these way of comunication i ignore him.

ANDY i dont know way you ignore me. IM notice these, you reply in others topic and tell people everything of hes map,and here nothing.I can belive that you no see that these not mountain.

Marvadin wrote
Well, its not even in final forge stage, but looks like qwert is ready to quench it by himself
Maybe its better to eliminate my self and close these map,people look for microscop problem what not look in others map, i have open mind, but i pleased people and other want to pleased him and change what im change for other people,and we are going in a circle.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas