Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:40 pm

hulmey wrote:I am now stirring any thing Keyogi im just continuing on the lines that somone had started...

Or would you rather i say nothing..I think it would be a boring and quiet world if everyone thought like you....Different minds and ideas are a good thing and so is Freedom of speech!

I value your opinion as much as anyones hulmey, I just don't understand why you feel the need to beat the qwert drum in other threads or pretend this is an issue of the Foundry vs qwert.

Perhaps I am just misreading your intentions. If that's the case I apologise.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby luckiekevin on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:45 pm

I value your opinion as much as anyones hulmey, I just don't understand why you feel the need to beat the qwert drum in other threads or pretend this is an issue of the Foundry vs qwert.

agreed.. why do you care? Let qwert defend himself. I'm broken hearted that these maps won't see the light of day because I want to play as much as the next player. But there is no denying that Qwert hasn't been cooperating with those in the forum, which is how things are done here. And it would suck more to have maps on CC that were created without the input of the forum even more than it sucks not having these maps around anymore.
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby hulmey on Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:08 pm

i think its more to do with the language barrier than anything else ather than him not co-operating!! On top of that dont forget when communicating by writing its even more difficult.

If someone puts there map on Vacation why should they lose their Final Forge status?? Partiuclary when map was only on vacation for 2 weeks...

I think every effort must be made to support good maps with good playability and graphics. Its nota question of supporting Qwert!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby luckiekevin on Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:19 pm

yeah but graphics and playability that you speak of are issues in this map that could have been improved.

I agree with the language barrier but his unwillingness to alter his map because of outsider input couldn't have been clearer.
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby luckiekevin on Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:21 pm

Also, I believe the reason that Final Forge status gets removed when someone goes on vacation is because "Final Forge" is a set PERIOD OF TIME (is it two weeks?) in which a map goes under final scrutiny of the forum and final improvements are made. By going on vacation you disallow this period of time to take place.
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby hulmey on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:43 am

Fair enough....So when the map it comes back to final foundry startiedn g from day 1 of the two week period!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby t.e.c on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 am

almost 100 pages.. :!:
Corporal t.e.c

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:30 am

KEYOGI
Cartography Assistant

Posted: 06 Apr 2007 06:45 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, first thing I'm going to mention is the territory names since they seem to be the latest issue. I'm fine with all of them except for one... Isthmus of Perekop. It's quite long and I'm wondering what sort of impact it will have on the drop-down menu. Would it be a problem to just call it Perekop?

The other major issue recently was the borders. These still appear to be a problem. I wonder if reducing the opacity of them slightly would help.

The colour of Stalingrad Army is bothering me. It's pretty awful and unless it has some significance I'm sure you could come up with a nicer shade of green.

Another concern is the army shadows. They pratically disappear in von Rundstedt Army and it's something that I think could be fixed in one of two ways. Change the shade of the army shadows themselves or change the shade of von Rundstedt Army so the shadows are more visible. The shadows also seem to have a faint white edge on them which gives them a rough/aliased look.

It was mentioned some time ago (by I can't remember who) that the legend shadows could possibly be changed. I don't mind the legend staying as it is, but I would like to see the helmets and star given a shadow as well to lift them off the board like the rest of the legend.

I'm not sure the sea labels are needed. They kind of look cramped in there.

Lastly, is there any signifcance to the pictures and foreign text underneath your name on the map? I'm curious to what they mean/represent.

Legend-Red letters-voice of Majority
Last edited by Qwert on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:50 am

And the point of that was?

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:52 am

KEYOGI
Cartography Assistant

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 03:05 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to see the map finished and put up for play just like everyone else.

I think qwerts design skills have gotten better over the months since that title was decided on, not in the two weeks it had been on vacation. The suggestion was reasonably refuted though and I didn't make any further point of it. Why do you continue to try and stir things up hulmey?

I stand by the rest of my points though and anybody who thinks I have any ill feelings towards qwert or I am particularly harsh on qwert, then I am afraid you are mistaken. As part of my new C.A. role, I am making more of an effort to have a detailed look at each map in development. Just recently I had plenty of suggestions in the San Francisco and Mongol Empire threads. Neither cartographer of those maps kicked up a fuss and abandoned their maps.

Just so it's clear, I'll go over the points that needed some attention again.

Isthmus of Perekop I got no response to this, but if it was shortened, it would be a 10 second job.

Opacity of Borders
Again, I got no response. Again a 10 second job that would potentially solve the problem. All I wanted to see was an example.

Stalingrad Army Colour
It doesn't matter whether I mention this on the first page or last one, it's still something to consider. A pretty simple request that is another 10 second job.

Army Shadows
Have been discussed many times and there's two simple solutions. Like Stalingrad Army, take 10 seconds to slightly change the colour of Rundstedt Army or take the possibly longer approach and slightly change the colour of the army shadows.

Legend Not a big issue, but a pretty simple request to see the impact of some shadows. It doesn't matter if it was done before, the map had been in development and it changed along the way. Something that was decided against on an older version of the map may be more suitable on the latest version.

Sea Labels I think the map looked better without them. Simple.

Signature
I asked a very simple question and coped verbal abuse in return. I made no kind of suggestion that the text and images should be removed, I just wanted to know what they were and what they represented.

Now, they were all my major concerns and things I would've liked to seen worked on or at least discussed. This map was so close to Final Forge / Quenching but qwert threw it all away over some friendly suggestions. Full responsibility for this maps current status lie with qwert, nobody else.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 am

Your meaning is not clear to me qwert, you're going to have to explain your intentions.

Edit:
Do I get a prize for making the 100th page?

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:01 am

Isthmus of Perekop I got no response to this, but if it was shortened, it would be a 10 second job.
12.april

Ok, first thing I'm going to mention is the territory names since they seem to be the latest issue. I'm fine with all of them except for one... Isthmus of Perekop. It's quite long and I'm wondering what sort of impact it will have on the drop-down menu. Would it be a problem to just call it Perekop?
6.april
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Skittles! on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:05 am

Page 100. Wow, this is great.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:05 am

LOL, at this rate we'll make it to page 200. If you have something to say qwert, do so. If not, stop your trolling.

Wow, never thought I'd have to warn someone against trolling in their own thread. :shock:

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:08 am

Trolling?! :?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Skittles! on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 am

KEYOGI wrote:LOL, at this rate we'll make it to page 200. If you have something to say qwert, do so. If not, stop your trolling.

Wow, never thought I'd have to warn someone against trolling in their own thread. :shock:

Rofl, yep, 200. Hopefully. That would be a good time.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:03 am

Keyogi you are forgetting the bonus issue brought up by Fireside Poet. I think his reasoning was right and qwert did not prove otherwise so that change should be made.

The cosmetic changes are secondary when compared to this one as it affects gameplay. It's an issue that I will press on until the end if this map gets quenched.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:17 am

You are quite right Ruben.

Postby Nikolai on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:27 am

And it's a fair question, although I tend to disagree with FP's point, since it relies on number of territories that can attack that continent bonus, and I rely on number of territories you have to defend to hold it.

Yes, trolling.

Oh, and I had to laugh recently at the thread about how maps should be pushed through faster - I think if qwert had been as willing as WidowMakers or mibi to adjust his map and see what people think of the result, this map would've been an example of one of the fastest maps through the foundry. Instead we're on page 100. :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:44 am

Nikolai wrote:And it's a fair question, although I tend to disagree with FP's point, since it relies on number of territories that can attack that continent bonus, and I rely on number of territories you have to defend to hold it.

Yes, trolling.

Oh, and I had to laugh recently at the thread about how maps should be pushed through faster - I think if qwert had been as willing as WidowMakers or mibi to adjust his map and see what people think of the result, this map would've been an example of one of the fastest maps through the foundry. Instead we're on page 100. :roll:

I rely on the territories that can be defended as well (which I call access points) and FP's point still made sense to me. Why do you disagree with it exactly Nikolai?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Hitmanblood on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:01 am

Can anyone explain me why is this map in map foundry.
207 Hitmanblood 2045 102 51 (50%)
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby luckiekevin on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:32 am

qwert wrote:
KEYOGI
Cartography Assistant

Posted: 06 Apr 2007 06:45 Post subject:

The other major issue recently was the borders. These still appear to be a problem. I wonder if reducing the opacity of them slightly would help.

The colour of Stalingrad Army is bothering me. It's pretty awful and unless it has some significance I'm sure you could come up with a nicer shade of green.

Another concern is the army shadows. They pratically disappear in von Rundstedt Army and it's something that I think could be fixed in one of two ways. Change the shade of the army shadows themselves or change the shade of von Rundstedt Army so the shadows are more visible. The shadows also seem to have a faint white edge on them which gives them a rough/aliased look.

It was mentioned some time ago (by I can't remember who) that the legend shadows could possibly be changed. I don't mind the legend staying as it is, but I would like to see the helmets and star given a shadow as well to lift them off the board like the rest of the legend.

I'm not sure the sea labels are needed. They kind of look cramped in there.

Lastly, is there any signifcance to the pictures and foreign text underneath your name on the map? I'm curious to what they mean/represent.

Legend-Red letters-voice of Majority

Qwert - you don't understand that;

1. Keyogi is CC's representative here in the foundry. Keyogi is here to oversee the maps being made to make sure that it's design and process follow the guidelines created by THOSE WHO RUN CONQUER CLUB. So when Keyogi tries to help you yes, HELP YOU, by giving you constructive criticism and suggestions, Keyogi is just trying to help you get your map quenched.

2. You don't need to get a majority vote for every single issue raised with your map. You need to try the ideas out that haven't been tried before. It's the process, deal with it.

3. Even when the majority of people agree with a change that needs to take place, you bitch and moan and disagree about it for a good week before posting a poll that takes another week and then you might change it after the poll reveals the majority of people disagree with you a week later. You could have saved these three weeks of time by taking 5 minutes to make these subtle changes in the first place. When you make a map here, you are not it's dictator. You have to work with others and at least try their ideas because the group working together as a whole will always make a map better than any single designer could. You apparently think you are gods gift to map making and that you don't need input. That just isn't true.
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby Ninja-Town on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:46 am

luckiekevin

You don't understand that...

1) Not your map
2) you put in 0 hours working on this map
3) you can blame Qwert all you want about not submitting to the wims of 2 or 3 people who are regulars here in the foundry. But the fact remains there are thousands who will not see the difference nor notice a difference in these stupidly (not a word I know.... I just made it up) small changes that only the designers can see.

Using your logic (and foundry logic), we would never have been able to be given the chance to play great maps like the middle east, Brazil, Indo China, and plenty of more maps that play great, but don't look as pretty as say chinese checkers. But who wants to play with great looking poop? Not me. Give me playability over looks any day of the week.

4) I think it's BS that a few people can hold up a great map from being produced, because of pixelized rivers.... christ.
Corporal 1st Class Ninja-Town

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:46 am

i thought you were not going to post here again qwert, why did you, and it is not just keyogi he speaks for the cc say in the foundry and i for one agreed with everything he said.

15 minutes work max no need to complain
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Hitmanblood on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:59 am

I my humble oppinion this map has potential to become best map in conquer club and it should have been finished ages ago. So could you give the man break and let his map out so we could play on it.
207 Hitmanblood 2045 102 51 (50%)
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas